Joyce A. Herr, CPA, LLC is a full service accounting and tax firm specializing in business consulting, accounting, bookkeeping, tax and payroll services for businesses of any size, tribal councils, native corporations, small city governments and not-for-profits. I can save you time, money and ensure your organization has accurate records in order for you to manage efficiently.

I also offer a variety of tax services including planning and preparation of returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, fiduciaries and tax-exempt entities.

My website details a full range of services, contact information and a company profile, so click around and stay for a while! But don't hesitate to call or e-mail me; your initial consultation is free.

The 2021 PERMANENT FUND DIVIDEND was $1,114. This does mean that children will have to pay taxes on their dividend. Children can be included on the parents' return if they only have non W-2 income (the permanent fund, interest on savings accounts and dividends/capital gains on investment accounts, etc.). If they have W-2 wages, they do have to file their own return but parents can still claim them as dependents. If they have more than $2,100 in non W-2 income, it may be better for them to file their own return. For help with reporting their income, call or e-mail my office.

Alaska's minimum wage will remain at $10.34 an hour for 2022. It will be adjusted every year for inflation with the new rate being effective on January 1 of each year.

58.5 cents per mile for business miles driven
18 cents per mile for medical or moving miles driven
14 cents per mile driven for charitable purposes

Do you use Venmo, PayPay, Zelle or other money transfer apps?
Beginning in 2022, if you receive more than $600 per year from any entity, it's going to be reported to the IRS on Form 1099-K. Keep track of these deposits and note what they were for. If you can't explain WHY you received these funds to the IRS, they will be considered taxable income.

DID YOU HAVE EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE? Effective February 5, 2019, the IRS announced that INDIVIDUALS WHO RESIDE OR HAVE A BUSINESS IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ANCHORAGE, KENAI BOROUGH AND MATANUSKA-SUSITNA BOROUGH may qualify for tax relief following the November 30, 2018 earthquake. The IRS is giving affected taxpayers until April 30, 2019 to file most tax returns (including individual, corporate, and estate and trust income tax returns; partnership returns, S Corporation returns, and trust returns; estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax returns and employment and annual information returns of tax-exempt organizations; and employment and certain excise tax returns), that have either an original or extended due date occurring on or after November 30, 2018 and before April 30, 2019. Call or e-mail my office for more information.

Affected taxpayers (INDIVIDUALS WHO RESIDE OR HAVE A BUSINESS IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ANCHORAGE, KENAI BOROUGH AND MATANUSKA-SUSITNA BOROUGH) also have the option of claiming disaster-related casualty losses on their federal income tax return for either the year in which the event occurred (2018) or the prior year (2017). For help understanding how this relates to you, call or e-mail my office.

Be sure to come back often and see what's new - I'll be updating this site on a regular basis as new tax laws become effective.

Check Tax Refund

Click here to quickly find the status of your tax refund...

Tax Center

Our convenient Tax Center provides an array of tax information all in one place. Click here for more information...

Financial Calculators

Our convenient Financial Calculators can help you plan for your future. Click here for more information...

Paycheck Calculators

Click here to use our handy Paycheck Calculators...